‘The best way to DO is to BE!’
Living and working from Presence has been my life passion, and lies at the heart of all my activities. With Present-Leadership, I want to inspire and empower you to (i) strengthen your ability to be present, (ii) to embody and deepen your presence and (iii) to bring more presence into your everyday interactions – to put presence at work in your life.
What is Present-Leadership?
The mission of Present-Leadership is to inspire and empower you to work and live in a real, present, centered, connected, contributing and creative life in a non-doing way, in a natural way. The word Present in Present-Leadership refers to living and working from Presence. Presence entails much more than just showing up. It’s all about HOW do you show up. What is the quality of your attention, awareness, and energy that you bring to the moment? Presence is an inner state of consciousness that becomes available to us when we are fully present and allow our awareness to expand, open and to become unconditional. This state of consciousness is sometimes also described as being in the flow, stillness, being mindful, deep-listening, love, being, universal mind or as operating from source or oneness.
The word Leadership might be a bit confusing as living and working from Presence is not a Doing. It’s also has nothing to do with becoming, achieving or acquiring. It’s more about allowing yourself to fall back into Presence. To just BE. And to be fully present to whatever arises. The paradox is that operating from ‘Being’ most often leads to a higher quality ‘Doing’. Present-Leadership points to the cultivation and self-discovery process of allowing ourselves more and more to work and live from Presence. And one way to achieve that is by being unconditional Present with what is happing right now at this moment in your life. Inside and outside yourself. But there are more ways…
Think about this. Do you know that the Indo-European root of the word Leadership means “to die”? Leith means “to go forth,” to cross the threshold,” or to “to die”. Sometimes you have to let go or surrender before something new can be born. Working and Living from presence requires a willingness to be open and available, to not-knowing and to not having to be someone, to achieve, fix or acquire something or to get somewhere to. Paradoxically, this letting go of knowing, becoming and doing opens the portal to become more engaged, creative and innovative and to connect and relate in deeper and more meaningful ways.
In short, the debt and quality of your Presence really matters! Living and working from Presence gets to the heart of what we all want in life – to be free, alive, authentic, connected, empowered, creative, and deeply intimate with all realms of life. Moreover, Presence is a key driver of resilience, transformation, and high performance, particularly in today’s environment of mounting pressures, lots of distractions, and unprecedented pace of change and disruptions. Why? The succes in any activity or intervention depends a lot on your interior condition, which means on the inner place you operate from. And last but not least, a Happy Mind is a Present Mind!
To enter a state of peak performance
To truly connect, listen and relate
To feel calm, relaxed and centered
To get deep work and thinking done
To let your physiology work at its best
To unlock your creativity and intuition
To connect a with your purpose and inner compass
To be real, pure and authentic
To optimally handle and regulate negative emotions and stress
To heal, transform and reinvent yourself
To engage and inspire people…
Being Present is the key!
- Keynote: Fit for the Future of Work. Goodbye stability, hello uncertainty! In the keynote Fit for the Future of Work, Mark explores how to manage and navigate your career, work, and life in a VUCA world – where adaptability, learning, collaboration, creativity, resilience, and innovation are key and where technology is a formidable competitor. For many, it will be a challenge to keep up with all the changes and disruption. Reinventing and transforming yourself is not easy. The biggest barrier is often not technical or economical, but psychological.
- Keynote/workshop/training: ABC of Mindfulness Meditation. Whether you are looking to learn more about mindfulness and or meditation for the first time or to improve your current meditation practice these activities might be interesting for you! Mindfulness is a simple and research proven form of meditation, which can help you to reduce stress, quit your mind, train your brain, improve your focus and concentration skills, boost performance and unlock creativity. In mindfulness exercises the ability is cultivated to be and stay present in the here and now, fully engaged in whatever is happening, free from distraction or judgment
- Keynote/workshop/training: Energy Management for Resilience and Peak-Performance. Energy is our most precious resource. Everything we do, from interacting with people to making important decisions requires energy. A full battery makes it much easier for you to be resilient and to relate to the world at your highest capacity. And visa-versa. If your energy is low it becomes much more difficult to show up in life with your best and most mindful physical, mental, emotional and spiritual self. In Mark’s Energy Management for Resilience and Peak-Performance programs participants learn to expand and manage their energy more effectively.
- Keynote/workshop/training: Learning to Relax, Recover and Reset. In order to thrive and survive in the VUCCA world we live in you need to be able to manage your stress well. Uncertainty, unpredictability, disruption, complexity and rapid changes easily provoke stress and anxiety. And most 21st century skills like being creative, innovative, social, compassionate or skills like listening, working deep, connecting with purpose and being mindful don’t come easy to you if you are stressed or driven by negative emotions. The ability to switch off, relax and downregulate yourself is also very important to recharge physically, emotionally and mentally an to maintain your health and wellbeing. In the Learning to Relax, Recover and Reset workshops you learn how you can relax, recover and recharge deeply, how to manage stress and emotions better and how to stay calm and relaxed under intense pressure.
- Keynote/workshop/training: Peak Performance Presence
- Keynote/workshop/training: Developing Inner-Skills for Transformation, Innovation and Creativity
For more info and inquiries you can find the contact details on the bottom of this page.