My personal mission is to inspire, empower and open-up people for the beauty and gifts that are available inside themselves, and in particular to the power of Presence. Living and working from Presence has been my life passion, and lies at the heart of all my activities. With my Present-Leadership activities, I want to inspire, open up and empower you to bring more Presence into your work and life!
What is Presence?
Presence is foremost about the ability to pay attention to what actually matters. However, Presence entails much more than just showing up and being fully present. It’s also about HOW do you show up. What is the quality of your attention, awareness, and energy that you bring to the moment? From what source and inner place are you operating right here and right now? Presence is an inner state of consciousness that becomes available to us when we are fully present and allow our awareness to expand, open and to become unconditional. This state of consciousness is sometimes also described as full engagement, the flow, stillness, being mindful, deep-listening or as operating from source, being, love or oneness. Living and working from Presence gets to the heart of what we all want in life – to be free, alive, authentic, connected, empowered, creative, and deeply intimate with all realms of life. Moreover, Presence is a key driver of performance, resilience, creativity and transformation.
- The Power of Presence. What is the one thing you can do such that by doing it everything else will be easier or go deeper, smoother and better? Answer: Bringing more presence into your everyday interactions and activities. To truly shift to your highest gear in any activity and or to engage other human beings and create meaningful connections, we need to silence our inner voices and be fully present. In the Present-Leadership: The Power of Presence workshop or keynote you or your team will learn how to bring more Presence into your work and life. Presence is an inner state of heightened awareness that becomes available to us when we are fully present and allow our awareness to expand, open and to become unconditional. This state of consciousness is often also described as full engagement, the flow, being mindful, deep-listening, or as operating from source, being, stillness or oneness. Living and working from Presence gets to the heart of what we all want in life – to be free, alive, authentic, connected, empowered, creative, and deeply intimate with all realms of life. Moreover, Presence is a key driver of high performance, resilience, creativity, leadership and transformation, particularly in today’s environment of mounting pressures, lots of distractions, and an unprecedented pace of change and disruptions. In the Present-Leadership: The Power of Presence program you will learn how to create the ideal circumstances to work with presence, how to cultivate in ourselves the competence of bringing more presence into our everyday interactions and activities, and how to embody and deepen presence in ourselves.
- ABC of Meditation Workshop and Courses. Presence cannot be understood conceptually. We must experience the Presence in order to really know the truth of Presence itself. Meditation is the best tool for exploring, discovering and cultivating presence. The Present-Leadership: ABC of Meditation workshops and training are an opportunity to get introduced to meditation, to practice and experience meditation and to learn how to start your own meditation practice. The main focus will be on Mindfulness meditation, but we will also explore other forms of meditation. Mindfulness is a simple and research-proven form of meditation. In meditation exercises, the ability is cultivated to be and stay present in the here and now, fully engaged in whatever is happening, free from distraction or judgment.
- Keynote: Fit for the Future of Work. Goodbye stability, hello uncertainty! These days we are living and working in a VUCA world. VUCA stands for high volatility (fast-changing), high uncertainty, high complexity, and high ambiguity. A VUCA world requires a different operating system (mindset and mentality) both for the individual as organizations. In the keynote Fit for the Future of Work, Mark explores how to manage and navigate your career, work, and life in a VUCA world – where adaptability, learning, collaboration, creativity, resilience, and innovation are key, where technology is a formidable competitor, and where soft skills are at least as important as hard skills. For many, it will be a challenge to keep up with all the changes and disruption. Reinventing and transforming yourself or your work is not easy. The biggest barrier is often not technical or economical, but psychological.
- Energy Management for Resilience and Peak-Performance. Energy is our most precious resource. Everything we do, from interacting with people to making important decisions requires energy. A full battery makes it much easier for you to be resilient and to relate to the world at your highest capacity. And visa-versa. If your energy is low it becomes much more difficult to show up in life with your best self and to be fully engaged, present and connected. Therefore, performance, resilience, relationships, and well-being are grounded in the skillful management of energy. In Mark’s Energy Management for Resilience and Peak-Performance programs, participants learn to expand and manage their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energy more effectively and efficiently.
- Relax, Recharge, and Reset! In the workplace of the future its more important than ever to be able to manage pressure, stress, and emotions well. Most 21st century skills like creativity, deep listening, being compassionate, being patient, being open-minded, deep thinking, focussing, connecting with purpose, navigating from your ‘inner compass’, and being fully present don’t come easy to you if you are too stressed or driven by strong negative emotions. Moreover, working and living in a VUCA world, in which rapid changes, volatility, disruption, uncertainty, unpredictability, and complexity are your baseline, easily provokes stress and anxiety. Last, mastering the ability to switch off, relax, rest and down-regulate yourself is also vital for recharging yourself physically, emotionally and mentally and maintaining your health and sense of wellbeing. In the Stress Management 2.0: Learn to Relax, Recharge and Reset yourself! course you will learn how to stay calm and relaxed under intense pressure and how to manage stress and emotions better in work and life.
- Purpose: Build your inner Compass. Anytime you want to pursue something new, you’re in a changing situation, or when you are wondering what you are doing at a particular job or situation, it is helpful if you can ‘find your way’ by checking in with your personal compass – with your sense of purpose and meaning and most important values. Moreover, for most of us, work has become extremely consuming. It wants all your creativity, attention, resilience and dedication. This is only possible if your choices are based on intrinsic motivation. And last but not least. In a fast-changing, uncertain, and unpredictable world – where constant learning and adapting is a must – its more helpful to think about yourself as a bundle of skills and capabilities, and not as a defined role or profession. And to shift from an identity bestowed by external validation (degree, job title, company affiliation) to an identity formed from internal validation rooted in purpose, self-awareness, and values. In the workshop Purpose: Build your inner compass you will learn how to reflect and contemplate on who you are, how you are doing, what you need and where you want to go next.
To enter a state of peak performance
To truly connect, listen and relate
To feel calm, relaxed and centered
To get deep work and thinking done
To let your physiology work at its best
To unlock your creativity and intuition
To connect a with your purpose and inner compass
To be real, pure and authentic
To optimally handle and regulate negative emotions and stress
To heal, transform and reinvent yourself
To engage and inspire people…
Being Present is the key!
For more info and inquiries you can find my contact details on the bottom of this page.