Mark is an experienced trainer, facilitator, speaker, author and entrepreneur with more than 16 years professional experience in the human capital field. In his work, he draws from his experiences as a semi-professional windsurfer and his earlier six-year-long career in capital markets sales in investment banking for ABN AMRO Bank and NIBC. Mark’s main area of expertise is mindfulness, meditation, human energy management for high performance and well being, stress management, presence and peak performance psychology training and coaching. Since 2004 he facilitated over 750 mindfulness and meditation workshops and courses both for private individuals as well as many corporate institutions. In 2015, Mark has published his first book ABC van Meditatie. Since 2013 Mark is frequently active as a freelance external facilitator, trainer and keynote speaker for the Johnson@Johnson Energy Management for Performance in Life program (E4P) in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. In the energy management programs, participants learn to expand and manage their energy for increased performance and engagement even under intense pressure without compromising health and wellbeing. The training is a collaboration between Johnson & Johnson’s Global Health Services and the Human Performance Institute (HIP) Corporate Athlete program. In 2020 Mark has become a online facilitator for this program (organized by ZestforWork) for the multinational Mars.
- Keynote: Fit for the Future of Work. Goodbye stability, hello uncertainty! In the keynote Fit for the Future of Work, Mark explores how to manage and navigate your career, work, and life in a VUCA world – where adaptability, learning, collaboration, creativity, resilience, and innovation are key and where technology is a formidable competitor. For many, it will be a challenge to keep up with all the changes and disruption. Reinventing and transforming yourself is not easy. The biggest barrier is often not technical or economical, but psychological. For more info please read Keynote Fit for the Future of Work.
- ABC of Mindfulness Meditation. Whether you are looking to learn more about mindfulness and or meditation for the first time or to improve your current meditation practice the ABC of Mindfulness Meditation workshops and trainings might be interesting for you! Mindfulness is a simple and research proven form of meditation, which can help you to reduce stress, quit your mind, train your brain, improve your focus and concentration skills, boost performance and unlock creativity. In mindfulness exercises the ability is cultivated to be and stay present in the here and now, fully engaged in whatever is happening, free from distraction or judgment.
- Energy Management for Resilience and Peak-Performance. Energy is our most precious resource. Everything we do, from interacting with people to making important decisions requires energy. A full battery makes it much easier for you to be resilient and to relate to the world at your highest capacity. And visa-versa. If your energy is low it becomes much more difficult to show up in life with your best self and to be fully engaged, present and connected. In other words, performance, resilience, relationships, and well-being are grounded in the skillful management of energy. In Mark’s Energy Management for Resilience and Peak-Performance programs, participants learn to expand and manage their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energy more effectively and efficiently.
- Present-Leadership: The Power of Presence. In the Present-Leadership: The Power of Presence workshop or keynote you or your team will learn how to bring more Presence into your work and life. Living and working from Presence gets to the heart of what we all want in life – to be free, alive, authentic, connected, empowered, creative, and deeply intimate with all realms of life. Moreover, Presence is a key driver of resilience, transformation, and high performance, particularly in today’s environment of mounting pressures, lots of distractions, and an unprecedented pace of change and disruptions. Last, to truly engage other human beings and create meaningful connections, we need to silence our inner voices and be fully present. Presence entails more than being more mindful and present. Its also about How do you show up? What is the quality of the attention, awareness, and intention that you bring to the moment? Presence is an inner state of consciousness and heightened awareness that becomes available to us when we are fully present and allow our awareness to expand, open and to become unconditional. This state of consciousness is often also described as full engagement, the flow, stillness, being mindful, deep-listening, being, or as operating from source, love or oneness. In my Present-Leadership: The Power of Presence activities you will learn how to create the ideal circumstances to work with presence, how to cultivate in ourselves the competence of bringing more presence into our everyday interactions and activities, and how to embody and deepen presence.
- Stress management 2.0: Learn to Relax, Recharge and Reset yourself! To thrive and survive in the VUCA world we live in you need to be able to manage your stress and emotions well. Uncertainty, unpredictability, disruption, complexity, not knowing and rapid and volatile changes easily provoke stress and anxiety. And most 21st century skills like creativity, deep listening, being compassionate, being patient, being open-minded, deep thinking, focussing, connecting with purpose, navigating from your ‘inner compass’, and being fully present don’t come easy to you if you are too stressed or driven by strong negative emotions. The ability to switch off, relax and down-regulate yourself (mind and body) well and rest deep is also vital for recharging yourself physically, emotionally and mentally and maintaining your health and wellbeing. In Stress management 2.0: Learn to Relax, Recharge and Reset yourself! you will learn how to stay calm and relaxed under intense pressure and how to manage stress and emotions better in stressful and difficult situations
- Purpose: Build your Compass. Anytime you want to pursue something new, you’re in a changing situation, or when you are wondering what you are doing at a particular job or situation, it is helpful if you can ‘find your way’ by checking in with your personal compass – with your sense of purpose and meaning and most important values. Moreover, for most of us, work has become extremely consuming. It wants all your creativity, attention, resilience and dedication. This is only possible if your choices are based on intrinsic motivation. And last but not least. In a fast-changing, uncertain, and unpredictable world – where constant learning and adapting is a must – its more helpful to think about yourself as a bundle of skills and capabilities, and not as a defined role or profession. And to shift from an identity bestowed by external validation (degree, job title, company affiliation) to an identity formed from internal validation rooted in purpose, self-awareness, and values. In the workshop Purpose: Build your inner compass you will learn how to reflect and contemplate on who you are, how you are doing, what you need and where you want to go next.
For more info and inquiries please have a look at the contact details on the bottom of this page.